Unearthly - Cynthia Hand After scanning the reviews, I had really high hopes for Unearthly. But... I didn't love this book as much as I was hoping I would. I think I made the mistake of reading Angelfall and Daughter of Smoke & Bone first, and Unearthly just really didn't compare. It just wasn't even close. It wasn't particularly bad and didn't HATE it... I just wasn't really feeling it.

As the main character, Clara didn't particularly appeal to me, and it's really hard to root for a MC when you're not their biggest fan. Both Tuck and Christian were pretty predictable. I didn't really know whose corner to stand in because I didn't really love or hate one more than the other. (And the whole prom thing, which I know I know was supposed to be this big turning point... I actually thought was utterly ridiculous and everybody Clara seriously overreacted).

That being said, I thought the premise was unique and I admit that I really had no idea how it was all going to play out. I really liked Clara's family and I look forward to finding out more about them (oh and Jeffery = Jeremy from TVD in my brain the entire book). Though the writing wasn't anything special, I did enjoy the story. I think I'll try and get through the rest of the series and hopefully I'll connect more with some of the characters along the way.